NanoEarth does not want funding stress to be a barrier from using our services. To alleviate this barrier, we have a limited amount of available grant funding to help with travel and instrument usage costs.
MUNI is NanoEarth's Multicultural and Underserved Nanoscience Initiative. This signature initiative strives to provide an opportunity for inspiring multicultural and underrepresented groups to pursue nanoscience degrees and careers.
The Multicultural and Underserved Nanoscience Initiative (MUNI) is designed to help broaden participation in STEM by members of multicultural and historically underrepresented groups, including but not limited to underrepresented minorities, first-generation college students, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons with low socio-economic status.
Learn more about this initiative on our MUNI page.
To apply for a MUNI grant, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the standard access request form.
- In your submission email, please indicate that you are applying for MUNI support and include a statement defining your multicultural or underserved identity.
- Include answers to the following questions:
- What is your main goal for visiting NanoEarth? How will this visit impact your research/students/etc.?
- What specific financial support do you need? (e.g. travel, instrument usage, etc.)
- Will you be able to cover part of the costs? Are their other programs that could provide financial support?
All applications will be reviewed for both project feasibility and grant status. We may request additional information.